It’s hard to believe that National Adoption Month is half over! Just like us, people across the country have been celebrating National Adoption Month and creating extra awareness this month. So we’ve rounded up some of the best Adoption Month stories we’ve come across so far to share with you.
- Get involved during National Adoption Month with events from the National Council for Adoption.
- Read up on National Adoption Month at ChildWelfare.gov.
- Celebrate National Adoption Day this Saturday, November 22, 2014.
- Many cities across the country have already celebrated National Adoption Day early, since Thanksgiving is so late this year. Look at this adorable family who dressed as superheroes for their little boy’s adoption. (Photo credit to photographer Lexie Ehrisman in Nebraska. See more from her shoot on her website.)
- Read President Obama’s official Presidential Proclamation of National Adoption Month.
- Watch 20/20’s collection of Adoption Reunion Stories from earlier this month.
- Look at 27 Breathtaking Photos of Adoptive Families Uniting
- Read Shreveport Times’s Adoption: Families Share Stories of Their Journeys
- Check out ChicagoNow’s 30 Adoption Portraits for 2014, and revisit last year’s adoption portraits too!
- Learn Ten Truths About Adoption from TodaysParent.com.
- Look through another point of view by reading Huffington Post’s Hearing Voices of Loss.
- Then check out a wealth of other Huffington Post adoption articles with keywords such as National Adoption Month, National Adoption Month 2014, Adoption Stories and Adoption.
Did we miss any great adoption articles this month? Which ones are your favorites?