Hello! We are grateful you found our profile page. It would be a blessing to us if you took the time to view it. For years, we've been building the foundations of our family; we have amazing love, joy and opportunities to share with your child. Considering us would be an answer to lots of prayer.
Aimee's family was blessed when her youngest brother joined their family through adoption. He came straight home from the hospital when Aimee was almost 15 and her other brother was 14. Aimee's brothers have different personalities, but she loves both of them equally — her heart does not distinguish adopted versus biological. They are both her brothers. She knew that she wanted adoption to be part of her future family.
When Randy met Aimee, he saw that her relationship with her brother was 'real' and that her youngest brother was an equal part of her family. Watching them interact over time brought Randy to the same conclusion: adoption would be part of our future family.
Growing our family through adoption has always been part of our Plan A, and we can't wait for this dream to become a reality!
Our lifestyle is active and fun! Every season, we create an activities list; some items are new, while others remain the same each year.
Winter involves cutting down the 'perfect' Christmas tree, decorating gingerbread houses, Aimee's Mom's annual cooking spree in Maine (she loves to cook — we love to eat and share it with neighbors, friends and family), outdoor fun in the snow and visiting a warm destination. In the spring, you can find us outside hiking, planting a few more flowers, attending Easter services and brunch with family as well as enjoying community events such as the Memorial Day parade. Summer is one of our favorites — beach days, our annual lobster treat, time at the lake, swimming, BBQs, trips to local ice cream shops, family get-togethers, picnics, blueberry and raspberry picking and plain ole relaxing in the warm sun. Fall is such a beautiful time of year. The cool crisp air, apple and pumpkin picking, corn mazes, making various apple recipes, spending Thanksgiving with family and preparing for yet another winter, which brings some of our favorite music.
With the addition of a child to our family, she or he will add extra creativity and fun to our year-round activities. What a blessing they will be! We look forward to enjoying these activities with them. Aimee also plans to be a stay-at-home mom; she will balance everyday activities with spontaneous fun.
1. Randy was born with a tooth
2. Aimee had 13 healthy teeth pulled (they wouldn't fall out and she needed braces)
3. Randy is the baby of his family, with an easygoing personality
4. Aimee is the oldest of her family, with a typical first-born, Type A personality
5. Randy has two sisters; Aimee has two brothers — we balance each other
6. Aimee has a typical New York personality (fast-paced); Randy has a typical Maine personality (laidback)
7. Aimee has participated in more than ten 5K races, five 10K races, two 10 milers, one half marathon and three triathlons
8. Randy is the public relations (PR) person of the family and one of Aimee's biggest fans
9. We have served in children's church as team leaders and teachers in the 3-5 year old classrooms
10. Aimee donates her hair every other year to Locks of Love
©2018 American Adoptions - All Rights Reserved