Thank you for reading our profile. We hope you will find comfort knowing we are ready to provide a lifetime of unconditional love for your child. No words are able to capture our excitement of growing our family. It is our lifelong dream to become parents, our hearts are open and ready, and we cannot wait to share our lives through this journey.
When we decided to start our family, we made the choice for Dawn to be a stay-at-home parent. Since then she has been working on preparing our home for our future family. Brendon works full-time; however, he works from a home office so both of us are home during the day. We have dinner together every night and do not allow any electronics during dinner (we even collect our friends’ phones). We love food and recognize how important it is to eat healthy, this plays a huge part in our day to day life. Dawn does not cook anything from a box and will make everything from scratch! You will find her referencing recipes and then converting them to healthier versions. Brendon loves to come down from his home office and be the Sous Chef. We have lots of fun cooking our meals together! The children in our lives love to come over too, as Dawn pulls out the stool, kiddo aprons and guides them to be Jr. Chefs.
On the weekends Dawn always has something fun planned for us – dinner club, movies, exploring a new mountain town, to trying new restaurants or spending time with friends and family. We love to be active and enjoy local festivals, however, we also enjoy the occasional weekend staying in, playing video games or watching movies.
1. Brendon was on the History Channel’s show Pawn Stars.
2. Dawn has filled her first passport and is now collecting stamps in her second one.
3. Brendon knows 101 magic tricks and loves to entertain people.
4. When Dawn was a child they had a dog named Mandy, the family loved her so much, the next two dogs were both named Mandy too.
5. Brendon still has his 1st teddy bear, the lovable George, and he shares Brendon’s office space.
6. Dawn invented a board game to teach kids good table manners.
7. We share a similar nickname from our friends even though we didn’t know each other yet!
8. Dawn taught herself to sew and now makes some of her clothes.
9. Once a month Brendon has a “gaming Sunday” and been playing with the same group of friends for 20 years!
10. Every year Brendon paints a new piece of art for our home.
Our pets are members of our family and very much a part of our day-to-day life. Seven and Jelly are mixed cattle dogs both smart and well trained. We adopted them from local shelters and they have extremely loving, silly and friendly personalities. We have a dedicated play-time every day in the back yard, we bring them with us hiking or on trips and visit the dog park often.
Seven makes us laugh with her human-like actions; she “talks” to us, sits on the couch like a person and we are suspicious she can secretly tell time. She always knows within minutes when it is play or dinner time. She is obsessed with her frisbee. She loves to jump up and do back-flips. Jelly is a sweet and gentle snuggle bug. You will find her sitting beside you, laying her head on your shoulder and eager to give her love anytime. Outside Jelly is free and energetic, running figure 8 laps in the yard and playing with her home-made toys.
©2018 American Adoptions - All Rights Reserved