Add AmericanAdoptions.com to Your E-mail 'Safe List' or Personal Address Book
If you've signed up with American Adoptions to receive our e-mail correspondence, you will want to add the americandoptions.com e-mail address to your e-mail browser's safe list or address book to ensure delivery of American Adoptions' e-mails.
If you are not sure how to add an address to your e-mail safe list, check with your e-mail service provider. Refer to following instructions if you are using Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, or Outlook 2003.
To ensure that e-mails from americanadoptions.com are not sent to your Hotmail Junk E-Mail folder, you can add the newsletter e-mail address or domain (A domain is the portion of the e-mail address that comes after @ -- e.g. @americanadoptions.com) to your Hotmail Safe List.
- Go to the Options page. (upper right of screen)
- On the left side of the page, click Mail, and then click Junk E-Mail Protection.
- Click on Safe List.
- Type @americanadoptions.com, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
AOL 7, 8
To ensure that you receive e-mails from American Adoptions , place an e-mail ID in your AOL 'Address Book'. Here's how:
- Go to Keyword Mail Controls
- Select the screen name to which the newsletter is sent (e.g. "HomeBiz Tip E-Mag")
- Now choose 'Customize Mail Controls' For This Screen Name
- For AOL 7.0, include in the section, "exclusion and inclusion parameters", the domains from which americanadoptions e-mail is sent: americanadoptions.com
- For AOL 8.0, choose "Allow mail from AOL Members and addresses listed"
- Type: mp.medscape.com
- Click Add.
- Choose "Ok" displayed at the bottom.
The best way to ensure that you will receive your American Adoptions e-mail is to place an e-mail ID in your "Person I know" buddy list. All mail you receive from this e-mail ID will pass through the filters. So, make sure that when you join for a newsletter, it is ADDED to your buddy list.
Yahoo mail uses combination of bulk mail folders and filters. If you are not receiving your American Adoption Newsletter, check your “Bulk Mail,” locate the filtered American Adoptions newsletter, and choose "this is not Spam," next to the "From" field.
Or to create filter for your American Adoptions newsletter:
In Yahoo mail, click the "Mail Options" link on the top-right navigation bar, and then choose "Filters" located on the left side of the page, under the Spam column.
To create a new filter, click the "Add Filter" link on the Filters page.
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, select the one of the following headers: From, To/Cc, Subject, or Body to match.
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made. For example: contains, ends with.
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: @americanadoptions.com.
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: AmericanAdoptions. Note you can create a folder by selecting [new folder].
- If you have more than one filter, you'll also see "up" and "down" arrrows to the right of the filter list. Use these buttons to select the placement of your new filter within your existing sequence of filters. Filter order is important because Filter 1 will be the first filter applied to an incoming message, Filter 2 will be the next, and so on until a match is made or all filters are passed. If no filters match an incoming message, it will be delivered to your inbox.
Be sure to click the "Add Filter" button to put your new filter into effect, after you've selected a folder in which to file the e-mail.
Online Help for Yahoo Mail:
Setting Junk E-Mail Filters in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003, the Junk E-Mail Filter is turned on by default. The first time Outlook 2003 moves a message to the Junk E-mail folder, it will notify you with a dialog box.
To change junk e-mail settings in Outlook 2003:
- On the Tools menu, select Options.
- In the Options dialog box, in the E-mail section, click Junk E-mail.
- Choose the level of junk e-mail message protection you want. Click OK.
To add a sender to your Safe Senders List, Safe Recipients Lists, or Blocked Senders List:
- Right-click on a message from the sender.
- Point to Junk E-mail, and click either Add Sender to Safe Senders List, Add Sender to Blocked Senders List, or Add Recipient to Safe Recipients Lists.
Outlook 2003 Online Help: