Jenny’s post gives helpful advice about the adoption process, beginning to end. Here are some things to consider:
- Have your home study conducted by a licensed agency with two or more employees. That way, if one employee has to take some time off you won’t loose the progress on your paperwork.
- Keep a calendar with details about expiration dates of home study paperwork. It will help you stay on top of your home study.
- Fundraise early and explore your options. Jenny’s post has several creative ideas and outlets for fundraising.
- Start thinking about your profile early. You’ll need pictures together as a couple and individually. And writing the letter to a potential birth mother might be more difficult than you think.
- Be patient. It may seem like a lot of work up-front. But as Jenny says, “It will all be worth it in the end when you hold your little one and know that he or she is yours forever!”
Check out the rest of Jenny’s post for more advice and pearls of wisdom. And if any of you are doing this too and talking about parenting or adoption, we’d love to hear about it!