The Save the Tax Credit Advocacy Group is hosting a Webinar TODAY, Thursday, October 4th at 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm (EST).
In this webinar, you will gain an understanding of:
- the goals of the Group’s advocacy efforts
- the history of this tax credit’s existence
- an overview of the legislative changes
- the difference between a refundable credit vs. a credit applied toward tax liability
- the definition of special needs adoption
- a description of the “flat” distinction
- an understanding of how the credit stands for 2012 and 2013
- a description of the adoption tax credit legislation currently in Congress
- what legislators intend to do during the lame duck session upon their return to Washington, D.C. after the elections
Presenters will also provide helpful advocacy tips and strategies for making your voice heard by your members of Congress, and an adoptive parent and advocate will join the presentation to share their personal experiences with webinar participants.
Follow the link below to register for the free informational webinar: Advocating to Save the Adoption Tax Credit. The webinar will take place TONIGHT, Thursday, October, 4th at 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm (EST).
Note: If you are unable to tune into the webinar this evening, it will be posted online in the next several days. We will update you with that link when it is available!
UPDATE: The webinar recording and slides have been posted at the following link for your convenience!