Adopting a child is a life-changing decision that can bring immeasurable joy to countless families. As a leading adoption agency, we understand the importance of transparency when it comes to discussing the average cost of adoption.
Our goal is to equip you with the knowledge you need to make an informed decision and navigate the financial aspects of your adoption journey with complete confidence.
Contact us online now to get more free adoption information today.
What to Know About the Average Cost of Adoption [5 Facts]
Choosing the right adoption agency that is transparent about the costs and provides valuable services will improve your adoption experience. At American Adoptions, we’re committed to providing you with a clear idea of what the average cost of adoption will look like.
1. Adoption Costs Will Vary Depending on the Type of Adoption
Adoption costs can significantly vary based on the type of adoption you pursue. Whether you’re considering domestic adoption, international adoption or foster care adoption, each avenue presents unique financial considerations. In general, here’s the average cost for each type of adoption:
- Domestic Infant Adoption: This type of adoption can vary depending on the agency you choose. American Adoptions provides complete transparency of costs, including adoption-related expenses and expenses of the birth mother. At American Adoptions, we offer more services and benefits that other agencies don’t include in their upfront costs.
- International Adoption: According to the child welfare information gateway, you can expect to pay $20,000 to $50,000 for international adoption. While the price can be similar to domestic adoption, it excludes travel and other expenses.
- Foster Care Adoption: The average cost of adoption through foster care is around $2,744. Although this is the least expensive type of adoption, foster care adoption can present its share of unique challenges to adoptive families.
2. The Best Adoption Agencies are Transparent about the Costs
Many adoption agencies advertise lower costs than others, but it may be a misleading total. Oftentimes some professionals estimate a best-case scenario when they quote their cost to adopt a child. Some don’t include costs for essential adoption services like legal fees, home study assistance, advertising and more.
At American Adoptions, our adoption cost estimates are honest. You will never be surprised by hidden fees throughout your adoption journey. Your adoption coordinator will break down the cost of adoption, so you know exactly what to expect.
3. The Adoption Situation Will Determine the Cost
Every adoption situation is unique, and as the adoptive family, there is a high probability that you will be assisting the birth mother financially. You’re going to want to work with an adoption agency that considers all situations. This can help avoid any surprises down the line.
Ensuring the birth mother has the support she needs during the adoption process is crucial to ensure the adoption goes smoothly. When you work with American Adoptions, we will plan accordingly to ensure you have a clear picture of the exact cost to adopt.
4. Financial Protection is Available
Adoption can be expensive — that much is clear. In some cases, a birth mother may choose to parent her child. It can be emotionally and financially devastating to experience an adoption disruption. When you work with a reputable adoption agency like American Adoptions, you’ll find peace of mind knowing your finances are protected.
100% of adoptive families that work with our agency will receive financial protection. Unlike other professionals that force you to repay fees to continue a new adoption opportunity after a disruption, American Adoptions absorbs those costs to let you remain active and focus on a new opportunity. You’ll never have to worry about losing money to reach your goal of parenthood.
5. Some Agencies Don’t Include Marketing and Advertising in their Cost
Marketing and advertising are essential adoption services that will lower adoptive families’ overall wait times. Some professionals don’t include this in their total average cost of adoption. The reason why some adoption costs are higher than others is because of the marketing and advertising they do on behalf of the adoptive family.
At American Adoptions, we prioritize these services so that you can have the shortest wait times possible. We heavily invest in advertising and marketing to help create more adoption opportunities which will result in lower wait times. To get half of the marketing efforts we provide, you would have to join 25 adoption agencies at the same time.
As the adoptive family, you deserve to have the best adoption experience possible. With a proven track record of success, we will make sure you have everything you need to fulfill your dreams of becoming a mom and dad. Contact us online now to begin your adoption journey.