The Adoption Process
You deserve to know the love and joy that comes with holding a newborn baby in your arms. At the end of the adoption process, that’s what you’ll experience. We can be your guide to make sure you feel safe, confident and hopeful all along the way.
You deserve to know the love and joy that comes with holding a newborn baby in your arms. When your adoption is complete, that’s what you’ll experience. American Adoptions can be your guide to make sure you feel safe, supported, and hopeful all along the way.
Here’s how the domestic infant adoption process works for adoptive families:
Step 1: Contact an American Adoptions Specialist
- Your adoption specialist will guide you through every step of the adoption process.
- American Adoptions is a full-licensed adoption agency. This means we offer the shortest wait times, contracts that do not expire, and high success rates.
- Compare and understand the costs and services of each type of professional. Advertising-only programs, small agencies, or consultants might advertise low prices, but these are not always accurate. And they come with limited services.
- Click here to read more about how to make sure you choose the best adoption professional.
Step 2: Benefit From Full Services
- Families actively pursuing an adoption opportunity experience an unmatched and proven success rate with American Adoptions. This is because we are a licensed agency with accurate wait times and non-expiring contracts. We’ll stay with you until your journey is complete. This differs from other adoption professionals who drop off in the middle of the process.
- You’ll feel secure during your adoption because of our financial protection. If an adoption opportunity doesn’t work out, you won’t lose the money you have already invested. No other adoption professional provides this protection, which has saved our families more than $4.6 million since 2009.
- More complete service means a better experience for you and a higher chance of success. Unlike many other professionals who can only do one part of the process, we’re there for you through it all.
Step 3: Experience a Short Adoption Wait Time
- Most women who are considering adoption find adoptive family profiles online, which means marketing is directly correlated to a short wait time.
- American Adoptions has a larger marketing reach than 25 other adoption professionals combined, which is why our families experience lower average wait times.
- Family is forever, but your adoption process wait doesn’t have to be.
Step 4: Accept an Adoption Opportunity
- When a prospective birth parent connects with your family profile, you’ll receive one of the most exciting phone calls of your life.
- This is the moment your future hinges on — when dreams begin turning into realities.
- You deserve this, because everyone deserves to have a family.
Step 5: Get to Know the Birth Parents
- Most adoptions today are open, which is a great thing.
- Open adoption helps prospective birth parents feel confident in their decision. It also means you’ll have access to important background information, like medical history, about your child.
- Most adoption professionals “match and release,” which leaves you to navigate this new relationship on your own. But with our agency, your Adoption Specialist will be there to guide you through the open adoption relationship.
Step 6: Welcome Your Baby into the World and into Your Family
There’s no way to put into words what it means to hold your baby in your arms for the first time. This is what you’ve been waiting for, and you’re finally here. All of the effort, overcoming challenges, and planning your future culminates in this one magical moment.
We have helped create more than 13,000 families. We would love to help create yours next.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. American Adoptions provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.