Putting a baby up for adoption is a brave decision. Adoption can help you take back control of your life when faced with an unplanned pregnancy. And when you find the right adoptive family, you’ll know that your child will be loved and supported their whole life.
Putting a baby up for adoption is brave, loving, and courageous.
When you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, it can feel like the world is crashing down around you. It’s one of the most challenging surprises in life.
Choosing adoption is a way to respond that takes back control of your life, opens up the possibility of a brighter future, and ensures your baby will have a loving family.
Here’s how the process of putting a baby up for adoption works:
Step 1: Think About the Benefits of Adoption
Adoption creates a better future for everyone involved:
- For you, it is a way to respond to an unwanted pregnancy while receiving financial assistance, giving yourself resources to rebuild your life, and making sure your baby has a loving family.
- For families, it is a way to finally see their dreams fulfilled. Hopeful parents who choose adoption have often waited years to hold a baby in their arms. Without adoption, these wonderful couples wouldn’t be able to have a child. There may be no one on earth more eager to shower a newborn with constant love and affection than two adoptive parents.
- For children, it means a life of love and opportunity. Adopted children grow up in caring, supportive households, and many go on to do amazing things in life. Adoptees often come to view their birth parents as heroes who made a courageous, loving choice.
“To my birth parents, thank you. Thank you for not just choosing to place me for adoption when you knew it would be a hard but right decision. But also, thank you for giving me this family. Out of all the places I could’ve wound up in the world, this is where I ended up. And I’m so grateful for that.” — Diana, an adoptee. Watch her story here.
Step 2: Feel Safe and Supported with an Agency
We can provide all the support you need. With our adoption specialists, you’ll be get 24/7 services, adoption financial assistance, and help creating your adoption plan.
You can speak to real birth moms who know what adoption is like, as well as an experienced staff who have helped hundreds of women through the adoption process. Because of this, you can know that you’ll never be alone.
Step 3: Connect with an Amazing Family
You are a hero to the adoptive family. Heroes aren’t perfect people — they are strong people who make courageous decisions in challenging situations. And that’s what you are doing.
There are hundreds of families waiting to adopt. You can choose the family you think is best for your baby. And through open adoption, you can start getting to know them right away.
Step 4: Feel Confident About Hospital Time
Planning for labor and delivery is usually stressful, but adoption makes this easier in two key ways:
- Because of adoption financial assistance, you will have no medical bills. That means you can focus on your health and wellbeing without even thinking about the cost.
- With the support of your adoption specialist, you’ll create a hospital plan that everyone will follow. You’re in charge of how this goes, which means you can feel confident and in control.
Step 5: Create the Future You Deserve
Life after adoption is full of possibilities. Many birth mothers have gone on to pursue educational goals and accomplish great things in their career. They dreamed bigger dreams for their futures, and adoption helped turn those dreams into a reality.
Because of adoption, you can make the life you deserve. Two hopeful parents will complete their family. And your child will always be loved.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.