How Adoption Grants Can Help Fund Your Adoption
What to Know Before You Apply for an Adoption Grant
Adoption grants are incredibly popular in the adoptive community, and for good reason. Unlike other adoption financing options such as adoption loans, grants have no interest and no personal cost. In other words, you don’t have to pay them back over time like you would for a loan.
Still, it’s important to have a plan of action when applying for adoption grants. This guide is the perfect place to start. Also, you can get more adoption information now when you contact us online at any time.
Benefits of Adoption Grants
When you receive an adoption grant, you don’t have to pay it back. Many families choosing between adoption grants and loans will choose to apply for grants because of this. Also, because there is no payment, there is no interest.
Although there are some interest-free adoption loans available, most are standard personal loans with an interest rate ranging from 5-20%. Not only will there be a monthly payment, but you’ll lose money in the long run. The main advantage of a loan is the immediate cash on hand. Adoption grants accomplish a similar purpose without the payments and interest.
Adoption grants also carry no financial risk. You can’t default on a grant like you can with a loan. There are no collateral assets required to apply for an adoption grant. In other words, an adoption grant can give you a massive boost toward realizing your parenting dreams.
Challenges of Adoption Grants
Though adoption grants are helpful and reduce the cost of adoption, they come with some challenges, too. These challenges shouldn’t deter you from applying for adoption grants, but they are important to keep in mind as you research.
Applying for an adoption grant can be fairly time-consuming. After an application has been submitted, there is usually a waiting period while it’s under review. Traditional personal loans from financial institutions can, in some cases, give you cash on hand the next day. This will not be the case when applying for adoption grants.
Most adoption grant organizations are non-profits. They operate within limited budgets and, in most cases, cannot fund every qualified application they receive. This means that even if you are eligible to receive grants, you still may not be awarded the grant due to funding restrictions. So, here’s what you need to remember:
· Don’t turn to adoption grants in a last-minute attempt to secure funding.
· Don’t plan your adoption financing around the assumption that grants will be awarded.
· Do give yourself plenty of time to plan and research beforehand.
Grants for adoption can be very beneficial to a hopeful adoptive family. This could be the path that helps you become a parent!
How to Get an Adoption Grant
If you’re trying to find some adoption grant organizations to apply to, then you’re in the perfect place. Below, we have listed a handful of places that you can apply for an adoption grant. Be sure to carefully review each organization’s qualifications and instructions. You can lower your cost of adoption by applying to one of the non-profits below:
· Gifts of Adoption Fund: Founded by adoptive parents themselves, this organization awards grants for adoption fees to families pursuing domestic or international adoption.
· Help Us Adopt: These adoption assistance grants from Help Us Adopt range between $500 and $20,000. Right now, they award a total of $150,000 per grant cycle.
· National Adoption Foundation: This foundation awards domestic adoption grants as well as international adoption grants. They require applicants to have a completed home study or be in the process of it.
· Associates Home Loan: This organization awards $1,000 grants to home-study-approved families twice a year. Applications are open to anyone who meets that prerequisite.
These are only a handful of the many available adoption grants that you can apply for. If you have more questions about adoption grants, then contact us online to get more free information now. We would be more than happy to help you out.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.