Why Do All American Adoptions Families Have an Adoption Profile Video?
And Where to Find Videos of Parents Looking to Adopt a Newborn
If you’re considering adoption for your child, one of the most exciting and reassuring steps will be finding adoptive parents that will be a perfect match for your baby. That means you’ll want to learn everything you can about your baby’s potential adoptive parents — and one of the best ways to do that is by watching videos of adoptive parents looking to adopt a newborn.
As long as these adoption video profiles come through a licensed adoption agency, they can be a huge benefit in helping you find an adoptive family that will be perfect for your child in only a few minutes!
In each of our family’s adoption video profiles, you will learn about their:
- personalities and how they interact with each other and with friends, family members and other children
- house, neighborhood and community
- traditions, like family dinners, vacations or other hobbies to share with a child
- excitement to become parents through adoption
By getting a glimpse of each family in their own environment, you’ll be better able to make your decision with confidence. If you’re ready to start the process of finding a perfect match, or we’d be more than happy to help. Please give us a call 1-800-ADOPTION or fill out our online form to get free information.
What to Look for in an Adoptive Family Video Profile
When making a video profile, an adoptive family keeps you in mind. They go through a specific process designed to showcase their family to you and to other pregnant women looking for adoptive parents’ videos. Each family is mailed a camera kit to capture footage of their family in action. This way, instead of having film shot by a professional, the family gets to show you their own world in their own way. Once the footage is captured, the family will send the film back to American Adoptions for professional editing. There are many advantages of watching videos of parents looking to adopt a newborn that are filmed this way:
- You get to see the family in their own home environment. With the adoption video profile, you’ll be able to see inside the family’s home to actually get a visible picture of where your child could grow up. You’ll be able to see the living room, the kitchen, the backyard — all of the places where your child’s first memories could be formed. You can see the art the family has chosen to hang on the walls, the pets or other children they have, and the ways they have chosen to make their house a home for their newest family member. For many birth mothers, being able to see a family’s life up-close and personal makes it even easier to know when they’ve found the right family. Lindsey shared a similar experience as she was looking through video print profiles.
“Lindsey had an idea of what kind of adoptive parents she wanted, but what really solidified her choice was getting to see them interact “in person.” Even before she spoke with them over the phone, she had an idea of what they were like in a way that a print profile could never communicate.”
- · You get to see the family members interact with each other. You can tell a lot about people simply by how they interact with each other. When you watch an American Adoptions video profile, you’ll be able to see a couple interacting in their normal manner, because no one else is in the home with them. Because it’s just them and the camera, they are more likely to be natural than if someone were filming them.
- You’ll get to learn what’s important to an adoptive family. While an adoption print profile will most likely list some of a family’s favorite hobbies and pastimes, hearing them talk about their passions and what interests them can be an entirely different experience when you watch their adoption video profile firsthand.
- You’ll be able to see a prospective adoptive family’s friends and family. In an American Adoptions video profile, a hopeful adoptive family will ask close family members and friends to talk a little bit about what a child’s life would be like if placed in that home. It’s a beautiful way to gain insight into someone’s life through the people that are closest to them. In addition, families frequently choose to include nieces and nephews, so you’ll get an idea of the cousins your child might grow up with as well.
- You’ll be able to develop a first impression of a family before meeting them. Sometimes, it’s hard to explain what it is that draws you to a particular adoptive family. For many women, it’s a gut instinct — an intrinsic belief that they have found their child’s family — that leads them to ultimately select their child’s adoptive parents. It’s why there are many pregnant women looking for adoptive parents’ videos, and it’s why adoption video profiles of parents looking to adopt a newborn are so important. If you get this feeling about a family, don’t ignore it! It may be cliché, but it’s true: When you know, you know. Birth mothers like Rachel have expressed a similar feeling:
“Rachel [Her adoption specialist] sent me a list of 20 families and there they were.... Katie and Andy. I couldn’t read through their autobiography without crying. I couldn’t look at other families without going back to their story and re-reading it to see if it was real. They are dedicated parents to a sweet 4-year-old son, but what made me gravitate to them is their love for one another.”
As you can see in the videos above, our video profiles are not slideshows like many other agencies’ adoption videos. Our videos of parents looking to adopt a newborn are actual profiles because you get a snapshot into families’ lives with footage they have filmed themselves. There is no better way to help you find a family for adoption.
American Adoptions is currently the only national adoption agency where every family has an adoption video profile. With hundreds of video profiles on our website at a time, you are sure to find a family who perfectly matches the life you want for your baby. As a national adoption agency that works with families all over the country, you’ll have a higher chance of finding the perfect adoptive family with us.
Our families truly want to get to know you, but for that to happen, you must first get to know them. This is why video profiles are the future of adoption, and why American Adoptions is the leader in video profile production.
How to Choose the Perfect Adoption Profile Video
So, now that you know more about what adoption video profiles are, and you’ve hopefully had a chance to look at adoptive family print profiles, you’re probably wondering what comes next.
With the sheer number of hopeful families to look through, it can feel overwhelming to choose the best adoption profile for you. But, like a lot of our birth mothers have said, when you find the perfect adoptive family, you’ll know.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.