Adoption in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Adoption Agencies, Attorneys and More
The City of Angels is a fantastic place to pursue adoption, whether as a prospective birth mother or an adoptive parent. However, it can be hard to learn about adoption resources specific to Los Angeles. To make your research about adoption in Los Angeles a little easier, we’ve compiled a list of resources relevant to you.
Los Angeles Adoption Agencies
As a national adoption agency, we’re pretty proud of our own services at American Adoptions. We offer everything from prospective birth parent counseling to contact facilitation between prospective birth parents and adoptive parents, and we’d be happy to help you complete your Los Angeles adoption. As one of the leading national adoption agencies in the U.S., we can offer a number of outstanding services and benefits you won't find at many smaller, local agencies, including:
- 24/7 support for women exploring their unplanned pregnancy options. Prospective birth parents can contact us any time, day or night, for free, nonjudgmental, zero-obligation adoption information.
- Adoption disruption insurance for hopeful adoptive parents. We take the financial risk out of adoption disruption for adoptive families, so if a prospective birth mother changes her mind, the adoptive parents can focus on moving forward with their adoption plans only if and when they are ready.
- More adoptive parents to choose from. American Adoptions works with adoptive families from across the country, not just in Los Angeles or throughout California. This gives prospective birth parents a greater chance of finding the adoptive family that meets their desires exactly.
- Lower wait times for adoptive families. Similarly, because we work with prospective birth parents across the country, we are able to offer a greater number of adoption opportunities and shorter average wait times for waiting parents.
- Financial support for pregnant women making an adoption plan. When you work with American Adoptions, your adoption-related pregnancy expenses will be covered, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and making the best choices for yourself and your baby.
- And more.
Finally, prospective birth parents and adoptive families in Los Angeles have another advantage when working with American Adoptions: we have offices located right here in sunny LA. That means you can enjoy all of the benefits listed above without sacrificing the convenience or expertise of working with a local professional. Our Los Angeles offices are located at:
633 West 5th Street
26th and 27th Floors
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Ready to start your adoption journey today? Want more information about American Adoptions and the services we can offer? Contact us today at 1-800-ADOPTION or request free information to get started.
Los Angeles Adoption Attorneys
In every adoption, an attorney plays a very important role. Your Los Angeles adoption attorney should not only make sure your adoption is completely legal, but make sure you understand what’s happening every step of the way. If you choose an attorney from Los Angeles, you may work with one of the following:
Please note: If you choose to work with American Adoptions, your specialist will help you connect with a local legal expert.
Los Angeles Foster Care Professionals
If you’re more interested in foster parenting or adopting from foster care, Los Angeles has plenty of professionals who can help you pursue that goal as well:
Los Angeles Home Study Providers
Before a family is eligible to pursue adoption, whether that’s private or through the foster care system, they must complete a home study. This is comprised of three parts — the interview process, the home inspection, and the documentation phase — and is designed to make sure their home is suitable place for a child. In Los Angeles, you may work with any of the following professionals:
Los Angeles International Adoption Agencies
If you’re interested in pursuing an international adoption in Los Angeles, you’ll want to research the following agencies:
Los Angeles Hospitals
When adoptive families travel to Los Angeles to pursue an adoption with a woman who lives here, they may travel to any of the following locations to meet her and their baby:
Los Angeles Courts
To legally complete the Los Angeles adoption process, there will be a finalization hearing at one of the following courts:
Visiting Los Angeles
Los Angeles is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. If you come to the city to pursue adoption, don’t forget to take in some of the sights!
For more information about how American Adoptions can help you complete your Los Angeles adoption, call 1-800-ADOPTION to speak with a licensed social worker.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.