How to Choose an Adoption Agency in Kentucky
How to Find an Adoption Agency in Kentucky [5 Steps to Follow]
The adoption agency that you choose will have a big impact on how your process goes.
This is because an adoption agency handles every aspect of your adoption.
Women experiencing unplanned pregnancy will rely on their adoption agency to provide:
- Practical and emotional support
- Adoption financial assistance
- Help creating an adoption plan
- And more
Hopeful adoptive parents, on the other hand, will rely on their adoption agency to help provide marketing assistance, home study support, financial protection, and more.
This comprehensive guide can help you determine the type of adoption agency in Kentucky you may want to work with and a reputable adoption agency's qualities.
If you know that you’d like to work with American Adoptions to help facilitate your adoption, you can call us at 1-800-ADOPTION or fill out our free online form to get the adoption process started.
But, if you want to find out more about how to find an adoption agency in Kentucky, continue reading.
Types of Adoption Agencies in Kentucky
Before we examine the qualities you should consider when figuring out how to choose an adoption agency in Kentucky, let’s look at the different types of adoption agencies you can work with.
In general, there are three types of adoption agencies:
- Local adoption agencies: Local adoption agencies in Kentucky work with prospective birth moms and adoptive families who live in the state. These agencies typically are small and can provide in-person services.
- National adoption agencies: National adoption agencies in Kentucky are licensed in multiple states and work with prospective birth moms and adoptive families across the country. This expansive reach gives birth moms more family choices. These agencies also often have larger staffs and shorter wait times for adoptive parents.
- International adoption agencies: International adoption agencies help hopeful adoptive families adopt children from another country. If you’re a hopeful adoptive family who wants to pursue international adoption, work with Hague-accredited agencies.
How to Choose an Adoption Agency in Kentucky
The following simple steps can help prospective birth moms and adoptive parents choose the right adoption agency for their adoption journey.
Step 1: Decide on the Type of Adoption You Want to Pursue
Prospective birth mothers don’t need to decide what type of adoption they want to pursue. You only need to choose what kind of adoption agency you’d like to work with.
Although local and national adoption agencies can provide comprehensive adoption services, national adoption agencies tend to offer more benefits to birth moms.
Prospective adoptive families will need to determine if they want to pursue one of the following types of adoption:
- Private domestic infant adoption: Most local and national adoption agencies provide this service. These agencies help hopeful adoptive families adopt infants born in the United States.
- International adoption: These adoption agencies help hopeful adoptive families adopt children from other countries.
Step 2: Research Agencies That Can Facilitate Your Adoption
Simple research can help you figure out how to find an adoption agency in Kentucky. A Google search can help you find some basic adoption agency information. Make sure you verify all information you find online with an adoption professional before you commit to working with an adoption agency.
Step 3: Contact Adoption Agencies
Once you narrow your adoption agency list, it’s time to figure out how to choose an adoption agency in Kentucky that meets your needs.
When you’re ready to talk to an adoption professional at an adoption agency in Kentucky you’re interested in working with, it’s time to prepare a list of questions to ask. Once you have a professional’s opinion, you can get a better sense of whether or not you want to work with the agency they represent.
Birth Mother Questions to Ask an Adoption Agency in Kentucky
The following are just some of the questions prospective birth mothers can ask an adoption agency:
- Do you provide pre-adoption education?
- What kind of support do you offer prospective birth moms?
- Will you help me find all the adoption financial assistance I need?
- Will you help me build my adoption plan?
Adoptive Parents Questions to Ask an Adoption Agency in Kentucky
The following are just some of the questions prospective adoptive families can ask an adoption agency:
- Do you offer advertising for hopeful adoptive families?
- What’s your estimated cost of adoption? What’s included in your adoption fee?
- How does your adoption agency help prevent adoption disruption?
- How do you protect families’ finances if adoption disruption happens?
Questions to Ask an Adoption Agency in Kentucky for Everyone
The following are some of the questions everyone can ask an adoption agency:
- How is your agency licensed?
- How will you support the adoptive family/birth mother through the adoption process?
- How will you help the adoptive family/birth mother post-placement?
- Do you provide 24/7 support?
Step 4: How to Choose the Adoption Agency in Kentucky That Will Serve You Best
After you’ve got all your questions to ask an adoption agency in Kentucky answered, it’s time to pick the adoption agency that can best meet your needs. This answer will be different for everyone.
If you are a prospective birth parent or hopeful adoptive parent pursuing domestic infant adoption, then we would love to be your adoption agency. You can call 1-800-ADOPTION at any time to speak with one of our specialists.
Step 5: After You’ve Figured Out How to Find an Adoption Agency in Kentucky to Work With, Start the Adoption Journey
Once you’ve decided how to choose the adoption agency in Kentucky and found the right agency, you can start the adoption process.
The first steps of the adoption process are different depending on if you are a prospective birth mom or a hopeful adoptive family and the agency you work with.
If you have any additional questions about how to start the adoption process or how to choose the adoption agency in Kentucky you want to work with, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via our free online form.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.