Adoption Hotline 24/7 - Confidential, No Obligation
1-800-ADOPTION - We are Always Here for You
An unplanned pregnancy can be a lot to handle on your own. You’re suddenly faced with the biggest decision you’ll ever make and likely have numerous questions, thoughts and concerns. Finding someone to be by your side every step of the way, to provide answers and guidance, can help ease your mind.
American Adoptions is here to help. You can find peace of mind knowing that there will always be a listening ear on American Adoptions' 24-hour adoption hotline, 1-800-ADOPTION. Our national adoption hotline is always available to you, whether you are:
- considering adoption and need help with your decision
- unsure about adoption and looking for honest, unbiased information
- currently pursuing adoption and just need someone to talk to throughout this process
Because unplanned pregnancy support is something that is often needed outside of business hours, as a 24-hour adoption agency, our professionals are here to talk whenever you need to.
Faced with choosing between parenting, abortion, or adoption, and only having nine months (or less) to do so, is a situation that would be stressful to anyone, and it can feel like you’re all alone in making your decision. While your family and friends may mean well and may be helpful, it’s not likely that they’re well-versed in your options or able to remain neutral about the situation.
American Adoptions is here to support you and to explain the options you have available to you. Call us at 1-800-ADOPTION or fill out this form to get 24/7 adoption info about the services we can provide during your unplanned pregnancy.
Until then, continue reading this guide on our 24/7 anonymous adoption hotline and how we can help during your unplanned pregnancy.
24/7 Adoption Agency Support During Pregnancy
Whether you’re still considering your options or you have started the adoption process, adoption and pregnancy concerns can come up at any time of the day or night, and you should have access to the support you need. American Adoptions is here to provide that support through our 24/7 adoption hotline, 1-800-ADOPTION.
As one of the largest national domestic infant adoption agencies in the United States, with over 30 years of experience, we have helped thousands of birth parents complete successful adoptions through our agency. Much of this success comes from the beneficial services we offer.
In addition to receiving 24-hour adoption services and agency support throughout your pregnancy, here are some of the types of support your adoption professional can offer during your pregnancy:
- Help to determine if adoption is right for you and your child, so, you can feel 100% confident you are making the right choice.
- Educating you on each step of the adoption process, so you never feel lost or overwhelmed.
- Preparing you for the emotions you will experience by choosing adoption, so you can process them and move forward in a healthy way.
- Working with you to select the perfect adoptive family based on your preferences, which helps ensure your child is in a loving and supportive home.
- Setting up communication between you and the adoptive family, so you can remain involved in your baby’s life.
- Facilitate financial assistance and living expenses based on your needs, relieving the stress that can be associated with unexpected costs.
- Help you decide what your hospital plan will look like, so you are prepared when it comes time to deliver.
- Assist you with prenatal care to ensure your baby is getting the best medical attention and support.
- And more
Receiving these services ensures your adoption goes as smooth and stress-free as possible. But don’t just take it from us; take it from actual birth mothers who have placed their baby for adoption with our agency.
“Even though adoption was the hardest decision I will ever make in my life, American Adoptions also made it the best decision I’ve ever made in my life,” birthmother Erika said. “Even to this day, I know that every time I call [my adoption specialist] Shannon I feel like I am her only birth mom that she has to deal with because she has no problem talking to me and listening to everything I have to say.”
You can read more birth mothers' testimonials and stories to gain a better understanding of the experience of working with American Adoptions, firsthand.
Post-Birth Adoption Support
If you choose adoption for your baby, your journey will continue after placement — and so will American Adoptions’ support. This experience will continue to affect your life after the adoption, which is why your adoption professional will always be available to:
- Offer support for your post-placement contact with the adoptive family
- Connect you with an adoption counselor or adoption support group in your area
- Provide guidance on applying for a birth mother scholarship to further your education
In addition to your own adoption professional, you will have access to Michelle Downard, a birth mother herself and an adoption professional with American Adoptions, who is available to provide post-adoption support at any time.
“As much as I still believe he would have been fine if I had to parent him, I am now reassured more than ever that I made the right decision with choosing adoption for him,” Michelle said about her adoption.
You can read Michelle’s teenage pregnancy and adoption story by following this link. If you have any questions for Michelle, click here or call 1-800-ADOPTION to speak with her directly.
Receive Your Own Personalized Online Account
In addition to our 24-hour adoption helpline, another way American Adoptions may offer you adoption support and counseling is through your own online account. You will be given your own login name and password, which allows you to confidentially access your account at any time to:
- Complete information about the exact type of adoptive family you are looking for
- Complete information about yourself, your pregnancy, and your background
- Watch videos and read articles about adoption questions and concerns you likely have
- Read our comprehensive manual for women considering adoption
- Much more
Staying Connected with Your Adoption Professional
Having the best resources by your side and knowing how to use them is important for keeping your adoption on track. To ensure you receive timely support throughout your adoption, and have an open line of communication with your adoption professional, in many cases our agency can help provide you a cell phone, phone and text services, and/or internet access, if necessary.*
You may reach an adoption professional at any time through:
- Phone Calls – You can call our open adoption hotline at any time to reach an adoption professional, whether it is for something as simple as asking a question or as big as going into labor – we are always available. Get support any time, 24/7, by calling 1-800-ADOPTION.
- Text Messages – If you prefer texting instead of calling the phone number for the adoption hotline, your adoption professional can reach you this way during your pregnancy.
- Emails – Your adoption professional is easy to reach by email to provide you continued adoption support.
- Instant Messaging (IM), Online and Video Chats – If you prefer to stay connected through online adoption communication, we can reach you via services like G-Chat, MSN Messenger, Skype, Google Plus Hangout, etc.
- Translators – We can even arrange for a translator to assist communicating during adoption. (Podemos arreglar que un traductor esta disponible para ayudarle con la comunicación a traves del proceso de la adopción.)
You may receive 24-hour pregnancy support through multiple types of communication throughout the adoption process, based on your personal preferences. When you select an adoptive family, your adoption professional will also help you establish contact with that family by phone, email, or even in person.
*State, federal and local laws determine American Adoptions’ and an adoptive family’s ability to provide you with financial assistance and also determine how much financial assistance can be made available to you. Please talk to your adoption professional to learn whether we can help cover your phone costs during your adoption process.
What’s the Adoption Hotline Number?
Our free adoption hotline number is 1-800-ADOPTION (or 1-800-236-7846). You can call our official adoption hotline for advice, information, and support — no matter what time of day it is or where you’re at in your pregnancy or adoption process. The adoption hotline is always free and always confidential. Whether you are ready to move forward with adoption, still exploring your options, or just need someone to talk to, our adoption specialists are here for you.
“I called American Adoptions and became in contact with an adoption specialist,” birthmother Kelly said. “I felt an immediate connection. I was depressed and unsure of everything, and she was very understanding and patient, never pressuring me about anything. She gave me nothing but encouragement and support.”
As you can see, American Adoptions offers you adoption support in a variety of ways throughout your pregnancy and beyond. It’s so important that an adoption professional offers help through 24-hour giving a child up for adoption hotline, and that’s exactly why we’ve opened our emergency adoption hotline 24/7. There should never be a time when you can’t reach out to us for help processing your unplanned pregnancy options.
Call American Adoptions at 1-800-ADOPTION or get more information here.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.