How to Find Muslim Couples Who Want to Adopt a Baby [How You Can View Profiles Today]
One of the most exciting aspects of the adoption process is finding the adoptive family you’ll share your journey with. This includes specifying traits and attributes you prefer such as religion. If you are pregnant and looking for a Muslim family ready to adopt, we can tailor your search to include families of Muslim faith, as well as any additional preferences you have. Start viewing profiles of waiting Muslim families here, or get free information about adoption.
Placing your child for adoption is a huge decision, and if you’re considering it, it’s because you want your baby to have the best life imaginable. Whatever the reasons are that you don’t feel you can provide that right now, know that you aren’t alone. Many women have been in this same position, and many will be in the future.
No matter the path that has led you to think about adoption, as a Muslim woman, you may currently be wondering about the likelihood of placing your child with a Muslim couple who wants to adopt a baby. This article will go into some of the benefits of doing so, as well as how to find Muslim adoptive parents with American Adoptions.
If you’re ready to start the adoption process with our agency or wanting more information on finding Muslim families ready to adopt, call us at 1-800-ADOPTION, or visit our online contact forms for prospective birth mothers and prospective adoptive parents.
Finding a Muslim Family Ready to Adopt
American Adoptions helps women of all backgrounds find the perfect adoptive families for their babies, and that includes Muslim women. Many of the birth mothers we work with wish to find a family of the same religious views. Because of our national size and scope, we can take your desired attributes and provide you with specific available profiles that match what you’re looking for in an adoptive family.
People Also Search
What are Common Reasons for Searching Muslim Couples Who Want to Adopt a Baby?
Whether you are a Muslim yourself or simply drawn to the religion, many positive aspects come with placing your child with a Muslim couple who wants to adopt a baby.
Islam believes strongly in lineage, meaning not recognizing a child’s biological parent by the adoptive family is illegal under Islamic law. This fits in well with the choice of “open” or “semi-open adoption” in America, which is the preferred adoption choice of most birth mothers and adoptive families. With the Islamic community mostly welcoming the idea of adoption, prospective birth mothers worried about their peers accepting their decision becomes less of a factor.
You might specifically search for Muslim parents who want to adopt because you want your baby raised with the following beliefs:
- Muslims believe in one God. Muslims believe that there is one God (Allah) and that He alone should be served and worshipped.
- Muslims believe the Quran is Allah’s final revelation to Prophet Muhammad. They believe it was revealed to the prophet through the angel Gabriel over approximately 23 years.
- Muslims believe in a day of judgment. On one appointed day, life will come to an end and everyone will be raised from the dead. Each individual will be judged and either rewarded in Heaven or punished in Hell, based on whether or not they were faithful and performed good deeds.
- Muslims believe in destiny and the divine. Allah has a plan and everything happens by His will. This does not, however, mean Muslims don’t believe in free will and choice; Allah simply knows what our choices will be before we make them.
- Muslims believe in the five pillars of Islam. These are the pillars by which they worship: the Declaration of Faith, daily prayer, Zakah (a type of charity), the fast of Ramadan, and the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in present-day Saudi Arabia.
If it’s important to you to find a Muslim couple who wants to adopt a baby, this is possible with American Adoptions. By using this tool on our website, you can search through profiles of active families based on religion. Don’t worry if you don’t find a perfect match online. You can contact us with questions about finding the perfect adoptive family for your child by calling 1-800-ADOPTION or by completing our online contact form.
Questions to ask a Muslim Couple Who Wants to Adopt a Baby
It can be intimidating to get to know prospective adoptive parents for your baby, and starting conversations about religion can be especially tough. When the time comes for you to meet your child’s prospective adoptive parents, it can be helpful to have a list of questions such as the following:
- What drew you to Islam? Were you born into it, or did you convert?
- What is your religious community like?
- Why are Muslim values important to you?
- What is your religious background like? What was your experience growing up as a Muslim?
- How do you plan to teach your children about Islam?
What Other Questions Should You Ask Yourself about a Muslim Couple Who Wants to Adopt a Baby?
The qualities you look for in your child’s prospective adoptive parents most likely won’t revolve solely around their faith. Your adoption specialist will ask you to consider questions such as the following:
- Do you feel strongly about whether or not your child has siblings? To some women, it’s important to place their child with a couple who has struggled with infertility and hasn’t been able to have children. Other women feel strongly about their children having siblings, and so they may choose to place their child with a family that already has children to ensure that their baby has that experience growing up.
- Do you envision your child being raised in a specific location? Do you see him or her in a small community in the Midwest? Do you want your child to live in an urban area with a wealth of career or educational opportunities? As a national adoption agency, American Adoptions works with families across the country and can make whatever kind of life you envision for your baby a reality.
- Are there other belief systems you want to share with your child’s adoptive parents? You will already have quite a bit in common if you both practice the Islamic faith. However, would you like to have aligning beliefs in terms of things like politics and work ethic?
Adoption is a life-changing decision that not only gives your child the loving and nurturing home he or she deserves but also creates a better future for everyone involved. If you’re a birth mother focused on educational or career goals, adoption can keep you on that path. Muslim adoptive families hoping for the chance to grow a family through adoption are given that gift when you choose adoption and it’s an experience you will bond over for years to come.
Get More Information on Finding a Muslim Adoptive Family.
Having trouble finding the perfect Muslim adoptive family online? Don’t be discouraged. American Adoptions is currently working with many adoptive families at all stages of the process — and not all of them are currently listed on our website. Also, we work with a nationwide network of other adoption professionals that can help us conduct a wider search for exactly the family you’re looking for.
If you have any additional questions, contact Michelle, a birth parent specialist and a birth parent herself, who is ready to answer any questions you have about Muslim adoptive families ready to adopt your child.
“I am available to answer any questions that arise, particularly from birth moms, as I have been in your shoes and know how you are feeling,” Michelle said.
You can ask Michelle questions about the adoption process online. You can also call us at 1-800-ADOPTION, or get free information with our online contact form for prospective birth mothers considering adoption here. Adoptive families wanting more information on adopting a child can click here to get more information.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.