How to Find Buddhist Families Looking to Adopt [Find the Perfect Adoptive Family Today]
If you’re considering adoption and looking for Buddhist adoptive families ready to adopt, we can provide you with not only Buddhist adoptive families, but families that meet the specific needs you have for your child. Start by viewing profiles of waiting Buddhist families here, or contact us now to get more information.
- When creating your adoption plan, personality characteristics, religious views, educational background, interests and age are just a handful of the attributes and details we can compile to find you the perfect adoptive family.
- You can find the type of family you want for your baby because American Adoptions works with adoptive families from various religious backgrounds.
- Our large database of available adoptive families gives you the best chance to find the perfect Buddhist adoptive family.
The Buddha actually “gave up” his child in pursuit of enlightenment. When he did this, he ensured that his son would be loved and cared for, while also creating the space to fulfill his purpose in this life.
In many religions, adoption is viewed as incredibly positive and heroic. Taking in and providing for another is a loving and caring act. As a mother putting her child up for adoption, you’re a hero as well. Your circumstances in life might have led you to this decision. Maybe parenting is no longer an option. Regardless of the reason, you’re making the loving, caring and heroic decision to give your child a better life.
If you’re thinking about looking specifically at Buddhist adoptive families for your child, this article serves as an aid to help you with that process.
If you’re ready to start the adoption process with our agency or wanting more information on finding Buddhist families ready to adopt, call us at 1-800-ADOPTION, or visit our online contact forms for prospective birth mothers and prospective adoptive parents.
Finding Buddhist Families Ready to Adopt
American Adoptions helps women of all backgrounds find the perfect adoptive families for their babies, and that includes Buddhist women. Many of the birth mothers we work with wish to find a family of the same religious views. Because of our national size and scope, we can take your desired attributes and provide you with specific available profiles that match what you’re looking for in an adoptive family.
With the help of one of our adoption professionals, you will create an adoption plan that fits your specific needs and what you envision for your adoption journey. This includes finding Buddhist adoptive families and any other personality traits or lifestyle choices you deem important.
You can call us at 1-800-ADOPTION or complete our online contact form to get more information on finding Buddhist adoptive families and how to get started on your adoption plan today.
Why Might a Pregnant Woman Want to Place Her Baby with a Buddhist Family?
Whether a woman is Buddhist herself or just interested in the religion, there are many positive aspects to placing your child with a Buddhist adoptive family:
Buddhists believe in rebirth. Not to be confused with reincarnation, Buddhists believe that a person returns to earth, but not necessarily as the same being. After many cycles, when a person has released any attachment to desire and self, they can achieve Nirvana.
Buddhists have three primary practices: Sila, Samadhi and Prajna. Sila is the practice of virtue, good conduct and morality. Samadhi focuses on concentration and mental development through meditation. Prajna is at the center of Buddhism and refers to wisdom and enlightenment.
Buddhists have five precepts, or rules to live by:
- Do not kill.
- Do not steal.
- Do not lie.
- Do not misuse sex.
- Do not consume alcohol or other drugs.
Buddhists believe in the Four Noble Truths:
- Dukkha: Suffering exists.
- Samudaya: There is a cause for suffering.
- Nirodha: There is an end to suffering.
- Magga: To end suffering, you must follow the Eightfold Path, which describes in more detail the three primary practices or training focuses.
If you feel strongly about finding a Buddhist adoptive family for your child, this can be facilitated. You can use this tool on our website to search through families who are currently active by religion, but we recommend speaking with an adoption specialist to work on finding a perfect match.
It’s important to note that not all of the families we work with at any given point have reached the stage of putting their profile online, so it’s likely that you’re not seeing every American Adoptions family who practices Buddhism. You can reach an adoption specialist any time at 1-800-ADOPTION for more information about additional Buddhist adoptive families we are currently working with.
Questions to Ask a Prospective Buddhist Family
Getting to know your child’s prospective adoptive parents can be intimidating, and it may be especially hard to bring up religion immediately. If, however, it’s important to you to learn more about a prospective adoptive family’s faith, try coming prepared with a list of questions such as the following:
- What drew you to Buddhism? Were you born into it, or did you convert?
- What is your religious community like?
- Why are Buddhist values important to you?
- What is your religious background like? What was your experience growing up as a Buddhist?
- How do you plan to teach your children about Buddhism?
What Other Questions Should You Ask When Searching for a Buddhist Prospective Adoptive Family?
Once you’ve narrowed down what you’re looking for in terms of a family’s religion, there will be a few additional questions to ask yourself about the qualities that are important to you. Your adoption specialist will have you consider details like:
- Where do you want your baby to grow up? As a national adoption agency, American Adoptions works with families from different regions of the country, which can lead to very different lifestyles.
- Do you want your child to have siblings? Would you prefer to place your baby with a family who already has kids, or is it important to you to match with a family who has struggled with infertility?
- What other values are important to you in a prospective adoptive family? You’ll align with the family’s religious beliefs, but would you want to share stances on things like politics and work ethics as well?
Do You Want More Information on Finding a Buddhist Adoptive Family?
If you have any additional questions, contact Michelle, a birth parent specialist and a birth parent herself, who is ready to answer any questions you have about Buddhist adoptive families ready to adopt your child.
“I am available to answer any questions that arise, particularly from birth moms, as I have been in your shoes and know how you are feeling,” Michelle said.
You can ask Michelle questions about the adoption process online. American Adoptions can help to find your ideal adoptive parents, no matter who they may be. For more information about finding Buddhist adoptive families, please call American Adoptions at 1-800-ADOPTION, or request free information here. Adoptive families wanting more information on adopting a child can click here to get more information.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. American Adoptions provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.